Re: encoding of debian files debian/*

Le Mar 1 Février 2005 19:32, Jeroen van Wolffelaar a écrit :
> On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 07:29:22PM +0100, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> > Le Mar 1 F?vrier 2005 19:27, Jeroen van Wolffelaar a ?crit :
> > > Use UTF-8, use only the latin alphabet
> >
> > why then use utf8 ?
>
> There are hunderds, maybe even up to a thousand latin characters.
>
> ASCII is only a very small subset of the latin script, having only
> accent-less characters, and for example lacking an o with a / through
> it, etc etc.
>
> --Jeroen
as a french guy, i'm quite aware of that you know ...

well, my question was just informative, I don't think utf8 is a bad
idea, I don't understand the 'latin' limitation.

why should'nt asian or russian pple to put their *real* name in the
changelog (at the condition that they put an latin-ified version too) ?
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit
··O