Re: maserver: Dynamic libraries inside a program package

> But if the plugins are only loaded by maserver, you
> don't need to link the
> plugins against libmaserver *at all*, statically or
> dynamically.  This was
> the point from my earlier message.
>
> If you statically link libmaserver into maserver,
> you get a minimal
> *reduction* in the total install size of the
> package, you get a minimal
> reduction in the startup time for the application,
> and you get policy
> compliance.  Sounds like a winning strategy to me.

I understand your reasons and agree with them, but
compiling plugins without linking them to libmaserver
doesn't seem to work. When modules are loaded by the
program, it gives unresolved symbol errors.

Miry

Nuevos servicios, más seguridad
http://correo.yahoo.es