RFS: billard-gl -- OpenGL billiards game

Hello,

I'm looking for someone who might be willing to sponsor an upload for the
billard-gl package. I have submitted an ITA for the package a while back
(bug #236582) and have been working on patches for outstanding bugs.

Some information about the game itself: BillardGL[1] lets you play a game of
8-ball or 9-ball, either in training mode or against a friend. It has very
nice graphics (with tunable detail settings) and a particularily sleek user
interface. The game currently comes localized in english, german and spanish.
More languages can be downloaded from [1]. Another nice feature is the
step-by-step tutorial it offers the first time you play the game.

I have searched the Debian repositories for packages with similar
functionality, and foobillard sprang to my attention. It seems very similar
to billard-gl, so I asked myself whether it would make sense to package
billard-gl. Then I thought that Linux is all about choice, and since I prefer
billard-gl over foobillard, I decided to package it anyway.

The game is released under the GPL v2. The previous maintainer orphaned the
package because upstream had been inactive for about two years. According to
the news on [1] and email traffic, they have resumed work recently though.

The packages that I have prepared can be found on[2]. If there are any
questions or suggestions, I follow this list but can also be reached in
#debian-mentors on IRC (nick is `beatle').

Cheers,
Thierry

[1]: http://www.billardgl.de
[2]: http://beatle.m0nster.org/debian/packages/billard-gl/