Re: porting applications

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 03:29:48PM -0600, micah milano wrote:

> This means to me that it only works on arm, i386, ia64, s390, s390x,
> xscale and ppc64.

You could currently limit it to arm, i386, ia64, s390, amd64 and
maybe s390x and powerpc64.  Once upstream adds support for more
arches you can add them to the list.

xscale is arm, alpha isn't supported, x86_64 (amd64) is missing
from the list provided there but is present in configure and the
source.  And for some reason powerpc64 is supported and powerpc
isn't.

Anyway, I suggest you just keep the package as arch any for now.
This makes it easier for porters to see which packages might need
work.  As you see, they already filed a bug that it failed to
build.  They might also provide you with a patch for it in the
future.  If you think that it's unlikly that those arches will be
supported in the future you can go and limit the list.

Kurt