RFS: (2nd try) bmon - Command-line bandwidth monitor and rate estimator

Hi

I'm still looking for a sponsor for bmon. After my first try[0] I was
asked to integrate some features provided by libnl[1]. Unfortunately I
have no experiences with packaging libraries, and it looks like libnl
isn't an easy one - I've talked with the upstream author and he refuses to
maintain the soname during the 0.x developing phase of libnl. So I've
come to the conclusion that at the moment it would be better to release
bmon without libnl support. Perhaps somebody else is able to package it
in a acceptable way someday (or I will be ;)).

bmon itself is quite an easy and useful command-line tool. It allows one
to monitor the bandwidth usage of local network interfaces. The tool can
also run on several hosts, distributing the statics over the network by
multi- or unicast. These statics may be collected on a central point and
allow one to monitor all interfaces at once. It also provides an HTML
output mode which dumps all the collected data into several HTML files.
There's an example on my homepage[2].

The package is lintian, linda and pbuilder clean.

I would be very happy if somebody could sponsor this package.

The Package can be obtained from: http://bounty.schuettel.ch/~reto/deb/bmon/

Package:         bmon (2.0.1)
Home page:       http://suug.ch/~tgr/bmon/
Upstream Author: Thomas Graf <tgraf@suug.ch>
License:         MIT/X
ITP Bug:         #286764 [3]
 bmon is a command-line bandwidth monitor which supports various output
 methods including an interactive curses interface, lightweight HTML output but
 also simple ASCII output.

 Statistics may be distributed over a network using multicast or unicast and
 collected at some point to generate a summary of statistics for a set of
 nodes.

Thanks!
Reto Schüttel

0) http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2004/12/msg00341.html