Re: RFC and RFS: latex-svninfo

On Wednesday 12 January 2005 11.25, Frank Küster wrote:
> Adrian von Bidder <avbidder@fortytwo.ch> schrieb:
> > On Tuesday 11 January 2005 16.26, you wrote:
> >> [not subscribed to tetex-maint, so please cc: me if replying there.]
> >>
> >> I created a quick package of Achim Brucker's svninfo latex Package.
> >> <http://www.brucker.ch/projects/svninfo/index.en.html>
> >
> > ... and of course, I have it online. Arrgh!
> >
> > <http://fortytwo.ch/debian/latex-svninfo>
>
> Some comments:
>
> - As it is, the package must go into contrib (Section: contrib/tex),
>   because it build-depends on latex2html from non-free. Maybe you can
>   get rid of this, by not building the html documentation.

Didn't notice latex2html is non-free.  Will tweak it away (if Achim isn't
first with the upstream change)

> - you should also call texhash in postrm

will do.

> - From debian/rules:
>
> build: build-stamp
>         make
>
> build-stamp:
>         touch build-stamp
>
>   Shouldn't the make call be in the build-stamp target? This way you'll
>   end up with a build-stamp even if make fails.

Good point.

> - you don't install any files in /usr/share/doc...

dh_installdocs does.

$ dpkg -S /usr/share/doc/latex-svninfo/README-0.1
latex-svninfo: /usr/share/doc/latex-svninfo/README-0.1

As I've said, I'll not be able to do anything before Monday.  Reallife takes
precedence right now.

cheers
-- vbi

--