Re: Cant build a simple package.

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 07:30:20PM +0100, Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 11:20 -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> > > If it had been created by dh_make, why wouldn't it find it?
> > Its not created by dh_make.  dh_make just creates some template files
> > in ./debian/ (many of which are usually deleted).  All of them need to
> > be edited to be useful.
>
> So I have to mention dh_installdeb somewhere into the 'rules' file?
> Where do you suggest to?
>
> >  and dh_builddeb builds a
> > .deb out of it.  Read the manpages for all the dh_* programs in
> > dh_makes's default ./debian/rules
>
> Too much manpage reading kills the manpage reading. I'm Ok about reading
> docs, and I read it. You have the proof i did not understand it well.
> But knowledge is also about experimentation, that's what I do now :-).
Run dh_make -s and read ./debian/rules (or read
/usr/share/debhelper/dh_make/debians/rules)

At this point you're not doing the minimalist package build; you need
to decide what you want.  If you really want minimalist, try this:

  http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/html_single/Debian-Binary-Package-Building-HOWTO.html

Justin