Re: Cant build a simple package.

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 10:17:24AM +0100, Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina wrote:
> [ I already posted this to debian-dev, they told me
> here was the right place. I really need help to learn
> building debian packages ]
>
> Hello,
> I'm learning making debian packages.
> I choosed to learn on a very simple software: minimalist.
That's okay; in fact its one of the best ways I know of to learn about
something new.  But I wouldn't expect such a minimalist package to
make its way into the archive.

> Especially where to tell the package builder not to use
> 'debian/minimalist/DEBIAN/control' but 'debian/control' ?
DEBIAN/control is created from debian/control (and probably others).
The former is specific to the given build (Arch: i386) whereas the
latter is for the source (Arch: any).

>         cp minimalist.pl $(CURDIR)/debian/minimalist
You probably mean $(CURDIR)/debian/usr/bin/

Cheers,
Justin