Re: Cant build a simple package.

On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 08:46 -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> > I choosed to learn on a very simple software: minimalist.
> That's okay; in fact its one of the best ways I know of to learn about
> something new.

:-)

> > Especially where to tell the package builder not to use
> > 'debian/minimalist/DEBIAN/control' but 'debian/control' ?
> DEBIAN/control is created from debian/control (and probably others).
> The former is specific to the given build (Arch: i386) whereas the
> latter is for the source (Arch: any).

If it had been created by dh_make, why wouldn't it find it?

> >         cp minimalist.pl $(CURDIR)/debian/minimalist
> You probably mean $(CURDIR)/debian/usr/bin/

I read (http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/ch-modify.en.html) section
3.1 :

[...]
Therefore you need to do something else: install the program into a
temporary subdirectory from which the maintainer tools will build a
working .deb package....
This temporary directory is usually created under your debian/ directory
in the unpacked source tree. It is usually called debian/tmp or
debian/packagename.
[...]

And I followed what was suggested by the auto-generated 'rules' file...

--
ASPO Infogérance       http://aspo.rktmb.org/activites/infogerance
Unofficial FAQ fcolc   http://faq.fcolc.eu.org/