Re: Advice in 3 packages

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 02:24:56AM -0500, Antonio Ognio wrote:
> Hello mentors and everyone,
>
>   I'm currently learning to package software for Debian
> so I'm making some packages just to learn this art ;)
>
> I'll try to list briefly what comments/doubts/issues I have with
> this packages.
>
> log4sh
> ------
>
> This piece of software is a shell script library (made of shell functions
> and shell definitions) you can source in your shell script to use advanced
> logging features such as those found with log4j, log4perl, log4cpp and
> similar libraries. I've filed an ITP bug for this. Will provide patch
> once I'm happy with the resulting package.
>
> Upstream author says nothing (in his docs) about deploying this library
> system wide. What I did for Debian was install it at /usr/lib/log4sh/
My only thought; because this is shellscript, it is architecture
independent.  So, install to /usr/share/log4sh/.

Also, please be sure that you have ./debian/control: Architecture: all
(unless you are compiling something, then its Architecture: any).
Otherwise, there would be ~12 separate packages, 1 per arch.

Cheers,
Justin