Re: creating relocatable packages with dpkg

--- Justin Pryzby <justinpryzby@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> I'm not sure that that's what's happening, but it makes sense.  You
> can easily install a filesystem with "debootstrap - Bootstrap a basic
> Debian system".

That seems like such overkill.  For every installation of my software
outside of the default, the user now has to install another copy of a
complete (even if minimal) debian system.  And that would require
either that to install my software the machine would have to be
connected to the Internet, or that I also need to separately supply and
figure out how to install locally a debian mirror on that host.  Ugh.

- Rich