Re: how are maintainer scripts called when downgrading?

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 08:57:01PM -0500, Jereme Corrado wrote:
>    I am trying to make sure that my package, (faqomatic) can be
>    downgraded cleanly.  I am not really clear as to which maintainer
>    scripts are called and what arguments are passed.  I checked the
>    policy manual and the developers reference as well as some
>    googling; I'm not really sure where to find this information.

I guess a downgrade is just an ordinary upgrade where the package
to install happens to be older than the currently installed one.
So the maintainer scripts are called just like for an upgrade.

This is really an educated  guess though, haven't actually checked the
source.

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>