Re: experimental uploads and closed bugs

This one time, at band camp, Andreas Barth said:
> * Stephen Gran (sgran@debian.org) [041207 20:10]:
> > /usr/share/doc/developers-reference/developers-reference.txt.gz:
> > 4.6.4:
> >    When uploading to unstable a package which had bugs fixed in
> >    experimental, please consider using the option `-v' to
> >    `dpkg-buildpackage' to finally get them closed.
> >
> > It does not actually say what you were asking, but this is the hint that
> > bugs are tagged rather than closed by uploads to experimental.  It would
> > be nice if it were a little more explicit, I agree.
>
> Do you have a proposal how to write it? If so, please feel free to raise
> a bug against the developers reference (or remember me often enough to
> fix it :).

Adding:
Note that uploads to experimental do not close bugs, but they do add the
tag 'fixed-in-experimental'.  Bugs addressed by NMU's to experimental keep
the normal behavior, that is, they add the tag 'fixed'.

to the section:
5.8.4 When bugs are closed by new uploads

Would probably clarify it.  I don't know whether or not you think that's
worth a bug report, though.
|   ,''`.					     Stephen Gran |
|  : :' :					 sgran@debian.org |
|  `. `'			Debian user, admin, and developer |
|    `-					    http://www.debian.org |