Re: experimental uploads and closed bugs

This one time, at band camp, Frank Küster said:
> Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> schrieb:
>
> > * Frank Küster (frank@debian.org) [041207 17:40]:
> >> I'm quite sure I read it somewhere, but cannot currently find it: How
> >> does the archive software treat bugs that are closed in the changelog of
> >> an upload to experimental? Are the bugs tagged fixed, or is nothing done
> >> at all?
> >
> > +fixed-in-experimental for maintainer-uploads
> > +fixed                 for NMUs
>
> Thank for giving me the fish, also to Adeoato. Will you also teach me
> how to catch it?

/usr/share/doc/developers-reference/developers-reference.txt.gz:
4.6.4:
   When uploading to unstable a package which had bugs fixed in
   experimental, please consider using the option `-v' to
   `dpkg-buildpackage' to finally get them closed.

It does not actually say what you were asking, but this is the hint that
bugs are tagged rather than closed by uploads to experimental.  It would
be nice if it were a little more explicit, I agree.

HTH,
|   ,''`.					     Stephen Gran |
|  : :' :					 sgran@debian.org |
|  `. `'			Debian user, admin, and developer |
|    `-					    http://www.debian.org |