Re: Files from conffiles not being installed

On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 16:38 +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Justin Pryzby <justinpryzby@users.sourceforge.net> [2004.11.15.1632 +0100]:
> > You should also check out /usr/lib/dpkg/ (esp. *.conffiles).  Make
> > sure that your conffile is getting copied there.
>
> That's /var/lib/dpkg/info

Well, I'm getting close now. I had there mypackage.md5sums,
mypackage.conffiles, even if the package was uninstalled. After I delete
them, it installed ok, including the conf file.

Should I take care in a postrm script to remove those files from there?
Because it seems that their removal is not automatic.

And now I have another problem: I generate mypackage 1.0, install it,
modifiy the cofiguration file, then generate mypackage 1.1 and install
it. In theory, I should be asked if I want to keep my old conf file, or
install the new one. It doesn't ask anything, it just leaves the old one
there (maybe is meeans that second time, the conf file is again not
installed?).

--
Mugurel Tudor (mugurelu@go.ro)
Linux Registered User: 212231