Re: Files from conffiles not being installed

Mugurel Tudor <mugurelu@go.ro> schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to create some deb packages, and mostly it works ok except
> one thing: the files that I have in debian/conffiles are not installed.

The files have to be in in the data.tar.gz, and the conffiles file is
only to inform dpkg which of the files in data.tar.gz it should treat as
conffiles.

> In debian/, I only have a md5sums files, with md5sums for all files, a
> control file, and the conffile. If I delete the conffile from debian/
> folder, that all the files are installed OK, but in this care if I
> chnage something in the configuration file and install a new version of
> the package, the original file will be overwritten.

I don't really understand this - the files are in data.tar.gz, but are
only installed if there is no DEBIAN/conffiles?

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich