Re: RFS: foremost -- A console program to recover files from a disk or image

martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> - Tue, Nov 09, 2004:

> what's the point? on any modern filesystem, a file may be split
> into non-consecutive blocks, even in reversed order. unless you are
> talking about <4Kb files, you have to have filesystem knowledge to
> reconstruct files.

 If I have a tool that can recover 70% of my files happily, I will be
 more satisfied than without any tool at all, don't you think?  As far
 as I can tell, files are stored in continuous blocks whenever possible,
 on many filesystems.

   Regards,

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>