debian-mentors FAQ and the new maint guide (was: Re: `tcpshow` package)

Package: maint-guide
Severity: wishlist
Version: N/A

On Saturday 30 October 2004 16.55, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> cjs:
> > I've read over the New
> > Maintainer's Guide [...]

> I think you'll want to read over the FAQ a little first:
>
> http://people.debian.org/~mpalmer/debian-mentors_FAQ.html

I see again and again that peolpe, apparently after reading the new maint
guide, are being pointed to that FAQ.

So, either people who say that they have read the NM guide didn't do so
(thoroughly enough), or the NM guide does not contain the right kind of
information.  The non-mailing-list specific information of the FAQ should
thus probably be added to the maint-guide (or, if it's already there, be
made more prominent.)

Just a thought, and sorry, no, I won't have time for this right now. (But
this would be a good project to point the next 'I want to help Debian but
don't know what to do' guy to :-)

greetings
-- vbi

--