Re: Package Hijecking?

On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 01:45:51PM +0900, Yooseong Yang wrote:
> I am not familiar with this situation:
> The other DD maintained his package name like mozilla-locale-ko, but
> because I have not checked this package thoroughly on debian package list
> , I reported ITP and uplodaed the package to the main archive. The package
> is actually accepted with the other version (=1.7). The previous version
> is 1.6. Fortunately, he does not want to maintain the package.
> Any idea about this situation? I just modify the changlog file?

You did not hijack the package, see #257126. It was removed before you
filed the ITP.

It's best to incorporate the changelog of the 1.6-2 version, and I'd
also suggest to look at the packaging, and incorporate any fixes made to
upstread etc, so that upgrades from 1.6 go smoothly.

Btw, packaging this package as a native package as you did is a mistake.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl