Re: RFH Re: conglomerate_0.7.14-2_powerpc.changes REJECTED

On Sunday 29 August 2004 12:11, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> > You're right; thanks for the clairification. In that case, it might
> > make sense to change my habit to "lintian *.changes" and save a few
> > keystrokes. =)
>
> Which is exactly what debuild by default does for you. In addition,
> it will also add the proper fakeroot magic to dpkg-buildpackage, and,
> eh, it's shorter to type than dpkg-buildpackage, so I prefer this
> one-in-all script for building my stuff :)

Actually, I like debuild, but since I use subversion to manage all of my
packages, I generally just use svn-buildpackage, which does some of
what debuild does...

In fact, now that you got me thinking about it, I just checked the man
page and realized I can add a "builder=debuild" and/or "svn-lintian" in
my ~/.svn-buildpackage.conf, and have either have debuild used instead
of dpkg-buildpackage, or have the lintian checks run automatically
without giving a bunch of long flags on the command line...

Well, that's handy! Thanks for getting me thinking this morning. ;)

--
Wesley J. Landaker <wjl@icecavern.net>