Re: RFS: http-replicator

"Gertjan van Zwieten" <gertjanvanzwieten@fastmail.fm>:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for a sponsor for http-replicator, a program I wrote myself.
> It's a single-threaded proxy server written in python. I started working
> on it some time ago because I needed a way to cache my downloaded debian
> packages so they won't have to be redownloaded for each individual pc.
> The existing solutions like apt-cacher and apt-proxy didn't really offer
> what I was looking for. I have tried to explain this on the website:
> http://gertjan.freezope.org/replicator.
>
> A difference with these other solutions is that although http-replicator
> has package caching as its primary purpose it still is a general proxy
> server. The gentoo community also seems to find it quite useful, seeing
> this discussion: http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=173226.
> Currently http-replicator is in the process of becoming an official
> ebuild, which is a bit odd considering I wrote it for debian :-). I hope
> it can be in debian as well.
>
> I've read the FAQ, it seems the following information is required:
>
> * Name: http-replicator
> * Licence: GPL
> * Website: http://gertjan.freezope.org/replicator

After short look over http-replicator-2.1.tar.gz I have these suggestions:
- In debian/rules you should remove commented out lines.
- There is no *.dsc file downloadable, I'm not able to build package myself.
- According Policy 12.1 you should provide manpages for
  http-replicator and http-replicator_maintenance
- Current Standards-Version is 3.6.1.
- Because the programs are not specific to Debian (as I understand) and someone
  else (e.g. Gentoo) find it useful, you should consider to build it as a normal
  Package, not native.

Regards,
Erik

--
 Bitte keine HTML-Mails! No HTML mails, please! Maillimit: 1 MB *