Re: RFS: hotway-cvs: send and receive mail via Hotmail, Lycos, Spray, and MSN

Hello!

I am aware that another hotway package exists in Debian. However, i have been unable to reach the maintainer for the past 3 months and it no longer works with Hotmail ( due to MS 'upgrades' to the service ).

Once I figure out why I am having difficulties making multi-binary packages, I will split hotway-cvs into 2 packages: hotway-cvs-pop3 and hotway-cvs-smtp. hotway-cvs will become a metapackage depending on hotway-cvs-pop3, but only recommending hotway-cvs-smtp. This will give it the same base functionality as hotway used to, with optional smtp sending support.

As it stands, my package is a drop-in replacement for hotway and any existing packages depending on it will work with mine.

Sincerely,
Lawrence

Adeodato Simó wrote:

* Lawrence Williams [Thu, 12 Aug 2004 22:13:51 -0230]:
I've already filed an ITP: and I'm looking for a sponsor for my package.

 can't find it, would be nice if you'd provide the bug number.

It is based on a snapshot of CVS taken today with a patch for fixing message download problems.

 does the hotway maintainer know that you intend to introduce a
 "duplicate" package? is there a reason for not working in improving
 the hotway package instead?

 thanks,