Re: Debian vs RedHat init script

On Wednesday 28 July 2004 10.09, Chirag Kantharia wrote:
[init scripts]

Hi,

You may want to have a look at the LSB spec - I bet it does say
something about init scripts.

I haven't looked myself, yet, but it is on my TODO list - I have written
a Debian-specific init script for postgrey, but I think I'd like to
make it lsb-compatible, so upstream could distribute it (makes the diff
smaller, and perhaps the RPM maintainer could use the same...)

Current prerelease of the LSB 2.0 spec has something on
<http://www.linuxbase.org/spec/booksets/LSB-Core/LSB-Core/iniscrptfunc.html>,
but I'd have to read and understand it really well, and also look at
how much of it Debian offers (with or without lsb package). Haven't
looked at the 1.3 spec.

greetings
-- vbi

--