debconf question

Hi,

[Madduck cc:ed as he is my sponsor - but he tells me he's certainly not
a debconf expert]

How do I display a debconf note only on upgrades from versions older
than x to x or newer? No need to annoy all users...

(Of course, pointers to examples welcome.)

And while I'm at it: the behaviour change is not really dangerous, but
can cause people to get more spam. (Background: postgrey changed from
--lookup-by-host to --lookup-by-subnet in Version 1.14) So, is a
debconf notice even necessary, or would NEWS.Debian suffice?

greetings
-- vbi

(Oh, and since nobody else ever says it: thanks to the ftp-masters. I
think it was not even a whole day in NEW.)

--
Protect your privacy - encrypt your email: http://fortytwo.ch/gpg/intro