Re: Package of barrage game, please sponsor

On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 01:10:16PM +0200, Rafal Zawadzki wrote:

Hello Rafal.

> Hello, I've just debianised nice game - barrage
> (http://lgames.sourceforge.net/index.php?project=Barrage)
> , you can find debian packages here:
>
> deb http://bluszcz.pl/debian/ unstable main
> deb-src http://bluszcz.pl/debian/ unstable main
>
> I'm looking forward to a constructive criticism about package, and I am
> asking for sponsor.

This would be constructive criticism, and not sponsoring.
I'm not DD yet but here goes my hints/suggestions:

debian/changelog:

Please fill ITP bug to ensure that noone else is packaging this.
Then close it with changelog entry.

debian/control:

Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 4.0.0)

I'm quite sure that this is not enough. Building it from source with
such dependencies will fail for sure.
At least libsdl1.2-dev and libsdl-mixer1.2-dev are needed (as far as
I can see from their webpage).

Just try to build this package in chrooted environment. Pbuilder is
a great utility for such purposes.

Also please bump your Standards-Version to the latest (3.6.1).
Rremove ${misc:Depends} variable cause you don't use it.

debian/copyright:

Take a look at:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2004/debian-devel-200403/msg02190.html

debian/dirs:

Adjust it to the used dirs.

debian/menu.ex:

First of all rename it to menu (without .ex suffix) and adjust it to the
proper paths.

debian/rules:

Remove those comments... and unused dh_* commands.

That were my hints... hope them help you ;)

regards
fEnIo

--
      _      Bartosz Fenski | mailto:fenio@o2.pl | pgp:0x13fefc40 | IRC:fEnIo
    _|_|_     32-050 Skawina - Glowackiego 3/15 - w. malopolskie - Polska