Re: drbd package

> Currently, the stable version of drbd is the 0.6.x series.  A new
> version is on the way, the 0.7.x series.  I'd like to package the
> new 0.7.x version in debian, but keep the 0.6.x series in Debian as
> well. How should I go about this?

If the 0.7.x series is going to be the development version for a
while, maybe something à-la-Gimp like calling the package drbd0.7 (and
having the date in the Debian version) would be appropriate.

Otherwise, if the upstream development is pretty fast-moving, you
could possibly use "drbd-cvs" as the package name (and still have the
date in the Debian version). That way the ftpmasters wouldn't have to
keep making changes to the override file.

Jeremy

(Disclaimer : I am not a DD)
--
http://www.jerryweb.org/         : JerryWeb.org