Re: RFS: for several packages ;)

On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 01:27:29PM +0200, Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo wrote:
> On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 12:54:52PM +0200, Geert Stappers wrote:
> > > I got several mails with questions how many packages did I make in this
> > > month... well I have many spare time right now so I try to use it for
> > > Debian ;)
> >
> > Debian is more then packaging.
> >
> > Visit http://www.nl.debian.org/devel/join/ for more information.
>
> I know what Debian is.
>
> If you'd were more inquiring then you would find information that I'm
> trying to became DD (last stage of NM process), and packaging isn't the
> only area where I try to help.
>
> Just use google.

Indeed, I did not a research on the track list of the original poster.

> > I do realize that the above message could offend
> > people who are helping Debian by packaging.
> > I have no intent in insulting people,
> > my message is
> >
> >  Debian is more then packaging.
>
> In fact it *is* offending. At least for me. You answered my message.
> Saying that you don't want to insult people doesn't help me.
>
> To be honest I have no idea why did you write this.
> I think everyone on this list knows exactly what Debian is, and how
> somebody can help.

It was, same as this message, a posting to the _whole_ mailinglist.
(which means don't take it personal)

IMNSHO not everyone on this list knows exactly what Debian is.
(Please don't take the possible flame bait)

I think most people on this list knows exactly what Debian is,
and how somebody can.
Yes, that means I could have insult most people here
when I wrote: Debian is more packaging.

I felt the urch to address the wannabee Debian Developers.
I see many RFSs here, most of then answered by non DDs.
But, yes, I could be wrong about the precentage of newbies here.

What I hope to accomplish with the posting in this RFS thread,
is less RFS postings or at least other RFS postings.

Postings like:
| Hi,
|
| A posting on the foobar mailinglist did not get a Debian sponser,
| The repost is meanwhile two weeks old, so now I ask here
| for a sponsor to get foobar in the Debian archive.

| Goodday Mates,
|
| After several postings on the debian-firewall mailinglist,
| I now ask here for a sponsor of the fw-foobar package

<warning about="flame bait">
| Hello.
|
| I have no idea how many people here have interrest in games,
| but I'm looking for a sponsor for these packed games.
| ( Sponsoring a single game would also help ;- )
</warning>

> regards
> fEnIo

Sorry