Re: RFS: torsmo, a light resource monitor for X

On 2004-05-15 Juuso Tähkäpää <jupet@mbnet.fi> wrote:
> Now I have mostly learned to make decent packages, so:

> Torsmo is a light and simplistic resource monitor for X, that renders to
> the root window or to a transparent higher level window if needed. Torsmo
> is under the BSD lisence, and can be downloaded from
> http://torsmo.sourceforge.net/ (CVS preferred, 0.16 is already a little
> bit behind)

> My package and supporting files are at
> http://boogeyman.homeunix.org/debian/unstable/torsmo/

> If there isn't any major problems with my packaging, please sponsor me.
> (and if (when?) problems still exist, please let me know)

Hello,
There are some things I do not like:

* The version number. If you are using "20040514" as version number
  for the CVS version yo cannot upload 0.17 as "0.17" but you will
  need to introduce an epoch. I'd suggest 0.16+20040514cvs

* Build-Depends: help2man (>=1.27), xlibs-dev (>=4.1.0), debhelper
  (>=4.0.2), autoconf, automake

xlibs-dev is a meta package today and torsmo does not need all
components, afaics "libx11-dev | xlibs-dev (>=4.1.0)" should be
enough.

automake. "automake" is virtual package provided by automake1.4. - If
you are positive you need automake1.4 depend on the real package.

afaict the build-depency on "autoconf, automake" is unnecessary anyway,
it builds fine without these.

For my personalpreference it is too simplistic, I had hoped for a
xosview replacement.
                cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"