Re: RFS: torsmo, a light resource monitor for X

On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 11:39:29AM +0300, Juuso Tähkäpää wrote:
> If there isn't any major problems with my packaging, please sponsor me.
> (and if (when?) problems still exist, please let me know)

There is one major problem.

.diff.gz file is empty. All debian related files are included in .orig.tar.gz

I've just checked upstream sources, and he don't include these files.
So seems that you made something wrong.

Assuming that you will fix this major problem, here are some minor ones:

debian/changelog:

  * Initial Release.

You should close your ITP: bug in changelog. Sth like this:

  * Initial Release. (Closes: #248455)

One more thing about changelog or rather versioning.
You used 20040514-1 version. Now think what happened when 0.17 version
will be released. It will have lower version than this. You will have to
use epoch, and that's probably not what you want ;)

I recommend to use something like 0.16+cvs20040514-1)
Then 0.17 version will be higher.

debian/copyright:

Could you please make it "76" characters wide?
Wrap those files, and change line:

It was downloaded from http://switch.dl.sourceforge.net/[...]

to something like:

It was downloaded from http://torsmo.sourceforge.net/

Or maybe do you intend to change those line with every release?

debian/menu:

You should quote every argument like this:

?package(torsmo):needs="X11" section="Apps/System"\
  title="torsmo" command="/usr/bin/torsmo"

debian/rules:

Remove some comments and unused dh_install* stuff.

And what's rules.save ?

That's all my suggestions. Consider that I'm not Debian developer yet,
so I may be wrong ;)

Anyway, hope this will help.

regards
fEnIo

--
      _      Bartosz Fenski | mailto:fenio@o2.pl | pgp:0x13fefc40 | IRC:fEnIo
    _|_|_     32-050 Skawina - Glowackiego 3/15 - w. malopolskie - Polska