Re: Steps confused about the Applicant's Checklist

Asho Yeh wrote:

> I read the steps of Applicant's Checklist. Something confused me about
> the first two.
>
> In the Initial Contact step two:The applicant's identity needs to be
> verified. The applicant needs to prepare the GPG key to be signed by a
> Developer or sponsor? And then, the Identification routine mentions
> that the way to prepare a GPG key and providing. Is the
> routine:Identification the same as the Initial Contact step two?

Yes, the instructions in Step 2: Identity Verification are the same as
the "verification" mentioned in Step 1: Initial Contact.  You need to
get your key signed *before* the initial contact; it will be verified by
your Application Manager *after* the initial contact (this is why it is
"Step 2", although this is not very clear from the NM Checklist pages).

I'm sure that debian-newmaint would welcome a patch to make these pages
less confusing...