Re: One source package and more then 1 deb

On Sat, 2004-05-01 at 13:55, Geert Stappers wrote:
> On Sat, May 01, 2004 at 01:28:47PM +0200, Matthijs wrote:
> > On Sat, 2004-05-01 at 12:03, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> > > On 2004-05-01 Matthijs <matthijs@cacholong.nl> wrote:
>  [...]
> > >
> > > You don't. You use dh_install or dh_movefiles to move the files
> > > in debian/libinklevel1 or debian/libinklevel-dev respectively after
> > > $(MAKE) install.
> > >
> > > Just look at how other packages solve this.
> > >                   cu andreas
> > > --
>  <snip what="irrelevant signature"/>
> > >
> > I've tried to use dh_install in the install target:
> > install: build
> >         dh_testdir
> >         dh_testroot
> >         dh_clean -k
> >         dh_installdirs
> >
> >         # Add here commands to install the package into debian/tmp
> >         $(MAKE) install DESTDIR=$(CURDIR)/debian/tmp/usr
> >
> >         # Install the files in their own packages.
> >         dh_install -plibinklevel1
> >         dh_install -plibinklevel-dev
> >
> > But this won't work. The libinklevel-dev deb has a all files and
> > libinklevel1 has no files in it. I've this also tried with the
> > dh_movefiles command but it has the same result.
> >
> > On my website are the files:
> > http://www.cacholong.nl/~matthijs/libinklevel
> >
> > I've take a look at libdv and that has some *.install files in the
> > debian directory. And when i look at the manpage of dh_install
> > dh_install should get these files and move them into the appropriate
> > directories but with my deb dh_install does nothing.
>
> And where did you tell which files are for which package?

That's idd true. But i've told that already isn't it ? (in
libinklevel1.install). I've checked it with:
dh_install -plibinklevel1 --list-missing and get this back:
dh_install: usr/include/inklevel.h exists in debian/tmp but is not
installed to anywhere
dh_install: usr/lib/libinklevel.so.2.0.6.2 exists in debian/tmp but is
not installed to anywhere
dh_install: usr/lib/libinklevel.so exists in debian/tmp but is not
installed to anywhere
dh_install: usr/lib/libinklevel.so.2 exists in debian/tmp but is not
installed to anywhere

When i check the manpage of dh_install they have a source and
destination. Do i need to add them to the command dh_install ?

> Other feedback from the time that I spent on libinklevel:
>
>  * put the the debian directory online. That makes it easier to check.
>  ( twice a wget, an untar, an unzip and appling and patch
>    could be avoid (by you) for your peer reviewers )

I'll take that with me.
http://www.cacholong.nl/~matthijs/libinklevel/debian.tgz

>  * Current standards-Version is 3.6.1,
>  see /usr/share/doc/debian-policy/upgrading-checklist.txt.gz for more information.

I've Standards-Version to 3.6.1

>  * files with a name the ends in .ex are EXamples, remove (or rename) them.

And i've removed this files.

> Cheers
> Geert Stappers

Thanks for reviewing my package.