Re: One source package and more then 1 deb

On Sat, May 01, 2004 at 01:28:47PM +0200, Matthijs wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-05-01 at 12:03, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> > On 2004-05-01 Matthijs <matthijs@cacholong.nl> wrote:
 [...]
> > You don't. You use dh_install or dh_movefiles to move the files
> > in debian/libinklevel1 or debian/libinklevel-dev respectively after
> > $(MAKE) install.
> >
> > Just look at how other packages solve this.
> >                   cu andreas
> > --
 <snip what="irrelevant signature"/>

> I've tried to use dh_install in the install target:
> install: build
>         dh_testdir
>         dh_testroot
>         dh_clean -k
>         dh_installdirs
>
>         # Add here commands to install the package into debian/tmp
>         $(MAKE) install DESTDIR=$(CURDIR)/debian/tmp/usr
>
>         # Install the files in their own packages.
>         dh_install -plibinklevel1
>         dh_install -plibinklevel-dev
>
> But this won't work. The libinklevel-dev deb has a all files and
> libinklevel1 has no files in it. I've this also tried with the
> dh_movefiles command but it has the same result.
>
> On my website are the files:
> http://www.cacholong.nl/~matthijs/libinklevel
>
> I've take a look at libdv and that has some *.install files in the
> debian directory. And when i look at the manpage of dh_install
> dh_install should get these files and move them into the appropriate
> directories but with my deb dh_install does nothing.

And where did you tell which files are for which package?

Other feedback from the time that I spent on libinklevel:

 * put the the debian directory online. That makes it easier to check.
 ( twice a wget, an untar, an unzip and appling and patch
   could be avoid (by you) for your peer reviewers )

 * Current standards-Version is 3.6.1,
 see /usr/share/doc/debian-policy/upgrading-checklist.txt.gz for more information.

 * files with a name the ends in .ex are EXamples, remove (or rename) them.

Cheers
Geert Stappers