Re: dpkg-shlibdeps and libtool interaction

also sprach martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> [2004.03.26.0033 +0100]:
>     dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: could not find path for libhid.so.0

worse yet. When the library is installed and I make a new package,
libhid-config's dependency on libhid0 will cause the following:

W: libhid0: package-relation-with-self depends: libhid0
N:
N:   The package declares a relationship with itself. This is not very
N:   useful, except in the case of a package Conflicting with itself, if
N:   its package name doubles as a virtual package.

Any help appreciated!

`. `'`