Re: I have made new package and I want to submit it.

Artūras Šlajus <x11@h2o.pieva.net> schrieb:

> Hello,
>
>    I've created new package (echat), checked it with lintian, tested it, it seems OK.
> Now i want to submit it. I read that i can "Many people wish to contribute to Debian
> and first try to become official developers, even though that's not necessary.
> In fact, we recommend that people start contributing as soon as possible, and then
> later proceed to make their developer status official.". So I just want to submit this
> package... What should I do?

- read http://people.debian.org/~mpalmer/debian-mentors_FAQ.html

  especially the section on "Sponsored packages"

- give the long and short description of your package, as well as a
  place where the source files can be retrieved from.

- Read the new maintainers guide, developers reference, and policy, of
  course.

Regards, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie