Re: RFS: truncate license, an attempt to explain myself

I've uploaded version 0.5. The only change is the complete GPL license.

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, Luca Pasquali wrote:

> Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 14:21:07 +0100
> From: Luca Pasquali <luca@saputello.net>
> To: Folkert van Heusden <folkert@vanheusden.com>
> Cc: Debian Mentors <debian-mentors@lists.debian.org>
> Subject: RFS: truncate license, an attempt to explain myself
>
> Excuse me again, I would't want to be marked as pedant, please have
> pity of my inability to write in english these days.
> I'm experiencing some problems with my work and my life, and I send
> emails without thinking on what I'm going to post.
> The point is, I'm an asshole and i managed the request of packaging
> of truncate as worst as I could had done, now the point is that I've
> a packaged program with a license that it's not the same of the tarball
> on your site. I know, before posting and offering the package to
> debian mentors, ones who have to sponsor me, I should have waited until
> you put, since you are willing to, the tarball with correct license.
> Now this guy which barely tried to help truncate packaging is asking
> you change the license with the same, but correct, I gave you, or with
> the one from www.gnu.org.
> I broke the law, since I did this stupid thing you have the ability to
> denunce me to the authorities, since I "stole" your software, putting
> it under a different license than the one on your site.
> Maybe now you only think that I'm stupid, but I'm an honest stupid who
> did it under a positive faith.
> Please excuse me again and if you have intention to denunce me here is
> my data for your lawyer:
> **
> Luca Pasquali born in 21/06/1979 in Florece,
> 15/a, Caduti del Lavoro Road, 51100, Pistoia city (PT), Italy.
> **
>
> PS: truncate debs are obviously offline.
>
> --
> Luca Pasquali <keta@email.it>
> http://ketavet.dyndns.org
> gnupg key fingerprint = A149 BCDF E19B 75DB 1A0D  1060 A19F FFFB 4684 E718

Folkert van Heusden

| UNIX sysop? Then give MultiTail ( http://www.vanheusden.com/multitail/ ) |
| a try, it brings monitoring logfiles (and such) to a different level!    |