Re: RFS: rc-sysv-conf

Joe Oppegaard <joe@pidone.org> wrote:
> I'm looking for a sponsor for rc-sysv-conf, which is a run-level
> configuration program for Sys-V like init script links. rc-sysv-conf is
> much more flexible then rcconf, for it allows you to update links in any
> run-level, makes good decisions on what priority numbers to use for the
> links (if using the basic interface), allows you to choose your own
> priority numbers (if using the advanced interface), and organizes the
> screen in a more sane way so you can see what all services are doing at
> any run-level.

Now this is what a runlevel editor should do!

Comments arising from first use:

* Installation went fine
* postrm can be run by /bin/sh
* control
  + Description mentions ntsysv which I can't find in
    the Debian archives
  + Don't mention rcconf because it is going to be
    removed from Sarge
* README
  + "different then" -> "different from"
  + "compatiable" -> "compatible"
* Changes
  + Normally this file is named 'ChangeLog'
  + Duplicates changelog.gz
* rc-sysv-conf(8)
  + Incorrectly named rc-sysv-conf(8)
  + Keystrokes should be documented here
  + Please include FILES section describing the
    /var/lib/rc-sysv-conf/services file.  What
    information is stored there and Why?
* rc-sysv-conf
  + --cache option should not be named that because
    the information stored there isn't cached (i.e.,
    it can't be regenerated if it is deleted).  Or am
    I wrong about that?
  + Operation is very SLOW.  It takes about one second
    to move the cursor from one entry to the next.
    This is on a Pentium III system with lots of RAM.

--
Thomas Hood <jdthood@yahoo.co.uk>