Re: RFS: Bootsplash

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 09:50:53AM +0200, era+debian@iki.fi wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 18:31:40 -0600, Matthew A. Nicholson
> <debian@matt-land.com> posted to debian-mentors:
>  > Boot splash is a kernel patch and corisponding userland utilities that
>  > enable a graphical boot secquence complete with MNG animations, 16bit
>  > JPEG backgrounds, Progress Bars, and TrueType text.
>
> If your package was as hastily done as the above message, I would
> imagine nobody would want to sponsor it. But as a matter of fact, it
> seems to be pretty well done (to this uninformed non-DD random
> person).

Last time I tried the package (admittedly a week or so ago), it still
had bashisms in one or two scripts. *Quick check*

Yes, sysv-rc-bootsplash still has bashisms despite not using /bin/bash.
While I know you've been "fixing" the other bootsplash-scripts by using
/bin/bash instead, why not fix them for real instead?

For the scripts in sysv-rc-bootsplash, this should from a cursory
glance, be as easy as removing the function keyword and adding () after
the function-names.

Regards: David Weinehall
--
 /) David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /) Northern lights wander      (\
//  Maintainer of the v2.0 kernel   //  Dance across the winter sky //