RFS: ckermit -- a serial and network communications package

Hello.

I'm looking for a sponsor for the orphaned package ckermit, which I am
adopting.

 C-Kermit is a combined serial and network communication software package
 offering a consistent, medium-independent, cross-platform approach to
 connection establishment, terminal sessions, file transfer,
 character-set translation, and automation of communication tasks.

The version currently in debian is 4 years and 13 releases old.

They are planning a new stable release soon, but it will come out
awfully close to the 15th of march (at which point there could be a
freeze), so I've packaged a prerelease version for now. I'd be
grateful if someone could have a look at my package now so I can
resolve any problems with the debian packaging.

The package files are at http://nessie.mcc.ac.uk/~ianb/debian/
(ckermit-209.pre210.20040207-1*)

In the new package, I:

* updated to the current test version
* updated/rewrote debian/rules and friends
* fixed the six outstanding BTS bugs
* added support for all the crypto options

The package is lintian- and linda-clean, and builds ok under pbuilder.

I tried and failed to resolve the non-DFSG-freeness of the license
with upstream. They were willing to consider changes but we couldn't
find a compromise that didn't jeopardise their license revenue, so
unfortunately ckermit has to stay in non-free (or non-us/non-free)

Ian.

PS I'm still looking for a sponsor for git (GNU Interactive Tools), an
orphaned, GPLed, text mode file browser/viewer and associated tools. See:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2004/debian-mentors-200402/msg00239.html

--
Ian Beckwith - ianb@nessie.mcc.ac.uk - http://nessie.mcc.ac.uk/~ianb/
GPG fingerprint: AF6C C0F1 1E74 424B BCD5  4814 40EC C154 A8BA C1EA