Re: RFS: scribus

* Martin Godisch <martin@godisch.de> [2004-02-20 17:12:12 +0100]:

> On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 17:00:58 +0100, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 10:05:15AM -0500, O. Moskalenko wrote:
>
> > > The latest scribus version in unstable is 1.1.4. I've been maintaining a
> > > private repository for cvs builds for few weeks. Now that 1.1.5 is out
> > > and the development is forging ahead to 1.2.0 I'd like to get 1.2.0.cvs
> > > packages into unstable.
> >
> > Is the CVS version stable enough? With Sarge hopefully-not-so-far-away
> > it would be good to know if you think that your version will be stable
> > enough for a Debian stable release in time... Or if it would be better
> > to get 1.1.5 in testing first before beginning with 1.2.0.cvs
>
> I suggest to put 1.1.5 into unstable/testing and 1.2.0~cvs into
> experimental.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Martin

Martin,

CVS is stable. Frankly, the release is pretty much a CVS snapshot. 1.2.0
will be released around the end of April, so it will probably happen way
before sarge is out. I think that the effort is better spent working out
problems due to the clash of debian and upstream policy on executable
libs and non-FHS file placement then on maintaining two separate
versions. Please tell my why it is not so if you think contrary.

Regards,

Alex.