Re: RFS: scribus

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 10:05:15AM -0500, O. Moskalenko wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for a sponsor for uploading updated packages of scribus -

I may be interested to sponsor this, but I will take a look at
the packages first.

> the best Linux Desktop Publishing program. It's been orphaned by the
> maintainer and I submitted an ITP after 3 weeks of wait or so. Scribus

The proper procedure would be to retitle the bug to an ITA and mark
yourself as owner of this bug.
See http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/index.html#howto-o

> is being very rapidly developed and offers features rivaling and in
> some places surpassing those of Adobe Pagemaker and Quark Xpress. It has
> professional DTP capability and definitely the best in linuxland PDF
> export. It'd be a shame not to keep it updated in our favorite distro.
>
> The latest scribus version in unstable is 1.1.4. I've been maintaining a
> private repository for cvs builds for few weeks. Now that 1.1.5 is out
> and the development is forging ahead to 1.2.0 I'd like to get 1.2.0.cvs
> packages into unstable.

Is the CVS version stable enough? With Sarge hopefully-not-so-far-away
it would be good to know if you think that your version will be stable
enough for a Debian stable release in time... Or if it would be better
to get 1.1.5 in testing first before beginning with 1.2.0.cvs

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/