Re: Multiple binary source & per-package dh_ options?

This one time, at band camp, Shaul Karl said:
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 04:01:33PM -0500, Stephen Gran wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I am working on a multi-binary source, and what I want to do is pass
> > different options to different packages.  Is this possible?  I see the
> > -p option common to all debhelper programs, but how to do this?
> > dh_installinit -p foo -n
> > dh_installinit -a
> > or something?
> >
> > Anybody doing anything like this?  I can work around it by including the
> > debhelper parts in all the scripts and passing the option to all
> > packages, but I figured it would be nice to be able to only do it for
> > the one I want.
> >
> > Any pointers welcome.  Thanks in advance,
>

>   You might try the man pages and some other packages. Beside the man
> pages for each debhelper program there is a debhelper man page.

Trust me I did try the manpages, and the example rules files included in
doc/, and some sample source trees.  The problem is, with 10,000 or so
to choose from, it's difficult to decide which one t go with for unusual
packaging.

>   I didn't understand what you were trying to accomplish with the init
> example. In general

I have a source tree that produces 7 binary packages.  I want one of
them to get the --no-scripts option for dh_installinit, but have the
rest produce not get this option.  So on for some other variants on the
same theme.  I think Andreas Metzler's reference will take care of it.

Thanks.
|   ,''`.					     Stephen Gran |
|  : :' :					 sgran@debian.org |
|  `. `'			Debian user, admin, and developer |
|    `-					    http://www.debian.org |