New library soname, what about old package?

Hi folks!

The upstream of libsysfs has announced a new version this week, which
will have a new SONAME due to a non-backwards compatible interface.

So my next upload will not ship libsysfs0 any more and will create a
new libsysfs1 package.

	martin@donald:~$ apt-cache rdepends libsysfs0
	libsysfs0
	Reverse Depends:
	  sysfsutils
	  libsysfs-dev

Thus, only my own binary packages (that are created from the same
source) depend on libsysfs0. Shall I file a bug against ftp.debian.org
with the request to remove it from unstable (it is not in testing)? Or
do the archive scripts recognize this automatically and drop the
package as soon as no other package is depending on it any more?

Thank you in advance!

Martin

--
Martin Pitt                 Debian GNU/Linux Developer
martin@piware.de                      mpitt@debian.org