Re: Introducing myself and my package

  Hello Miriam,

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 00:41:58 +0100 (CET)
Miriam Ruiz <little_miry@yahoo.es> wrote:

[xdesktopwaves intro]

> I've checked the package both with lintian and linda
> and none of them complains.

  Mine (Lintian v1.23.5) does twice:

E: xdesktopwaves source:
depends-on-build-essential-package-without-using-version gcc [build-depends:
gcc]
N:
N:   The package declares a depends on a build essential package without
N:   using a versioned depends. In general a package should not depend on
N:   build essential packages but if it must do so, the depends should have
N:   a version string.
N:
N:   Refer to Policy Manual, section 4.2 for details.
N:
E: xdesktopwaves source:
depends-on-build-essential-package-without-using-version libc6-dev
[build-depends: libc6-dev]

[...]
> I've used yada to make it, because my previous two
> packages were done with debhelper and I wanted to try
> something different to be able to compare.
>
> In case you're interested, you can get the package
> from  https://baby.yi.org:8000/debian/xdesktopwaves/

  Also fails to build at first because debian/rules is not executable,
but after chmod'ing it builds and runs fine. Nice toy :)
--
  Ricardo Mones Lastra - mones@aic.uniovi.es
  Centro de Inteligencia Artificial, Universidad de Oviedo en Gijon