some questions on multiple binaries per source

I'm packaging FreeMind (old version somewhere on the upload path), and the new version is requesting multiple packages. So here two questions: - is there somewhere a specific description of multi-packaging? the new maintainer tutorial isn't really explaining much and I couldn't find anything specific in the developer reference or Debian Policy. - more specific question: one of the additional packages is a plugin, FreeMind itself "requires" Java, the plugin "requires" Java and FreeMind. Am I supposed to write in the control file that the plugin does depend on Java, if it's already depending on something that depend on Java?

Thanks, Eric

Gewalt ist die letzte Zuflucht der Inkompetenz.
    Violence is the Last Resort of the Incompetent.
        Gwalt jest ostatnem schronieniem niekompetencji.
            La violence est le dernier refuge de l'incompetence.
    ~ Isaac Asimov