Re: ignoring upstream debian directory

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 06:26:32AM -0600, David Everly wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 02:35:07PM -0400, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> > You could have uscan call an alternate script which does the
> > repackaging.
>
> Yes, that is one option I was considering, since I wanted to have a
> debian/watch file and use uscan.  However, I had imagined that perhaps
> others had already encountered this issue and knew of a nice way out.
>
> Otherwise, I suppose I could keep a personally modified copy of uupdate
> in the non-upstream debian directory that will remove the upstream
> debian directory immediately after unpacking the new archive.

For comment, here is what I've done.  First the line in debian/watch:

http://ftp.indexdata.dk/pub/zebra/idzebra-(.*)\.tar\.gz \
  debian  ./debian/custom-uupdate

And now the contents of ./debian/custom-uupdate:

#!/bin/sh -e

(
        cd ..
        gunzip idzebra-${2}.tar.gz
        tar --delete --file=idzebra-${2}.tar idzebra-${2}/debian
        gzip idzebra-${2}.tar
)

uupdate "$@"

# end of script