Re: looking for a sponsor

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 15:19:17 +0200, Alejandro Exojo <suy@badopi.org> said:

> El Jueves, 21 de Octubre de 2004 14:53, David Moreno Garza escribió:
>> On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 09:03 +0200, Alexis Sukrieh wrote:
>> >
>> > Really, I don't want to flame but I cannot resist to point out
>> > that a "want-to-be" Debian Maintainer uses such a mailer...
>>
>> Who cares? Probably that works for him.

> It's propietary software that runs only in a propietary OS, in which
> is pretty hard to create Debian packages. ;-)

	Some people have multiple machines, and not all machines may
 run the OS that one wants.  Ranting about peoples choice of mailer to
 use, rather than actions, sounds like unwarranted prejudice.

> Also is a great source of viruses and worms. :-(

	Not your problem, is it? And with active patching, and being
 careful about ones own actions, lots and lots of people manage to
 avoid getting infected.

	At this point, I have not seen the OP do anything that they
 ought not to have done, and I have no idea what circumstances they
 were dealing with -- they may not have a choice about the OS/MUA at
 this point. We should be inviting to people who are trying to help
 Debian while not yet on a free platform, rather than exposing our own
 prejudices and pre-judgements.

	manoj
--
Delta: A real man lands where he wants to.  -- David Letterman