Re: looking for a sponsor

On Thu, Oct 21, 2004 at 02:35:56PM +0100, David Given wrote:
> To change the subject slightly, does anyone know what happened to
> debian-win32? The mailing list seems to be dead, it's not on the ports page,
> and I can't seem to find any resources on the 'net that date past about 1997.

I don't know much about it, but I see a fundamental problem with file
overwriting in Windows. You can't do that if the file is opened. This is
a big problem for dpkg and post-install scripts since all binaries are
linked with cygwin1.dll. If we find a way to workaround this, everything
else should be only a matter of effort.

With kind regards,
Baurjan.