Re: RFS: libmatheval --GNU library for evaluating symbolic mathematical expressions

* miguel gea <miguel@xeraco.com> [041020 09:56]:
> Hello,
> I'm looking for a sponsor for the libmatheval package:

>  GNU libmatheval is library comprising several procedures that makes
>  possible to create in-memory tree representation of mathematical
>  functions over single or multiple variables and later use this
>  representation to evaluate function for specified variable values, to
>  create corresponding tree for function derivative over specified
>  variable or to print textual representation of in-memory tree to
>  specified string.  The library supports arbitrary variable names in
>  expressions, decimal constants, basic unary and binary operators and
>  elementary mathematical functions.
>
> You could find it in mentors.debian.org.

Some direct link may give you better results, a correct TLD would also
make things easier.

Libaries are hard things to start with, as I never had one myself, I am
personally also not sponsoring one, but some general tipps regarding
this package:

+libmatheval (1.1.1-1) unstable; urgency=low
+
+  * Initial Release.
+  * closes: #250538
+ -- Miguel Gea Milvaques <debian@miguelgea.com>  Fri, 15 Oct 2004 18:03:34 +0200

Plese do not simply close bugs. While it is guessable that this is the
RFP/ITP for this package, some more words would be nice. (Especially
that it is a new subpoint make things very confusing)

Your .diff.gz contains a file _stdint.h telling it was auto-generated,
so this seems to be a artefact that should be cleaned in the clean
target.

Your debian/ dir looks like it could need a bit more tidy up: the rules
files contains things like
version=2.0.5
major=2
which one can only hope are nowhere used as they do not fit the actual
number. dirs contains usr/bin and usr/sbin which do not look very used.

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link

--
Sendmail is like emacs: A nice operating system, but missing
an editor and a MTA.