Re: Looking for a sponser for aeromail package

On Tuesday 19 October 2004 13.47, Russell Kliese wrote:
> I would like to maintain the aeromail package that is currently
> orphaned. I am not a debian maintainer and therefore am looking for a
> sponser.

You should start by reading the documentation, if you didn't already:
 <http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/> and
 <http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/> are the most important.
More to be found in
 <http://www.debian.org/devel/>

To adopt a package, you
 - retitle the bug in wnpp from O: to ITA:, so that others see that you
intend to take over that package
 - prepare a new package, fixing, of course, as many bugs as you can and
generally making sure that the package is up to date (conforms to the
newest policies etc. etc.)
 - then come back here and ask for a sponsor, and give a link where you've
made the updated package available.

In that way, a potential sponsor can have a look at your package and decide
on that basis whether he wants to sponsor you or not.

greetings
-- vbi

--
Oops