Re: RFS: gaim-encryption -- encryption plugin for gaim

Ok, thanks for the note, I did not know about his unofficial package.
And, yes, there is quite a big difference in the packages.

I've been in contact with the gaim developers who seem to be reluctant
to add a gaim-dev package in the near future (they are considering an
experimental package, though).  Therefore, I think it is better to go
ahead and just ship a copy of the gaim headers until the gaim-dev is
available.  Btw, the original ITP is more than one year old...

I've also been in contact with the upstream author who, at my request,
has altered his plugin especially for Debian.  The Debian gaim package
is namely compiled with --disable-nss.  Thanks to this change, this
version of the plugin can be used without altering the gaim package
(before it could only be shipped as gaim+gaim-encryption, now it's a
real plugin).

This is also the main difference with the packages found on [1], they
contain gaim+gaim-encryption instead of just the plugin.

I think people would really like a gaim-encryption plugin package in the
main Debian repository...

Cheers,
Chris.

---